As an asbestos supervisor/site supervisor working for RJS Waste Management, we expect you to be able to carry out the safe and compliant removal of non-licensed asbestos-containing materials, in accordance with company policies and legislative requirements.
The job role will not be solely asbestos focused and will also require some collection/disposal of other waste streams, along with strip-outs and small demolition works. Daily tasks will often be varied.
1. To attend site and carry out asbestos removal works, asbestos sampling and hazardous waste collections, from a variety of buildings – commercial, industrial and residential.
2. Supervise and coordinate the activities of other operatives engaged in asbestos removal works.
3. Assist and mentor other operatives in removal activities
4. To carry out all site works in accordance with the plan of works, method statement and risk assessment.
5. To ensure all duties are carried out in compliance with the regulatory requirements and given instructions.
6. To work within the Company Policies and Procedures to ensure achievement and maintenance of accreditations.
7. Complete and maintain project records
8. Monitor and inspect the quality of works during projects.
9. To adhere to the Health and Safety at Work Act, and to take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
10. Carry out observational audits and assist in staff appraisals
11. To carry out any other ad hoc and reasonable duties as requested.
You must have:
- The ability to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required within the asbestos (non-licensed removal), waste management and demolition industries.
- A responsible attitude
- The ability to deal with the physical requirements of the job
- The ability to work as part of a small friendly team (and alone if necessary)
- A desire to develop within the role
1) Literate and numerate
2) Full driving licence
3) Good timekeeping
4) Thorough understanding of current legislation
5) Able to work in accordance with Risk Assessment/Method Statements and other written and verbal
instruction (and make amendments where necessary)
6) Ability to interpret instruction and share knowledge and ‘best practice’ techniques with members of the
7) Manual dexterity (use of hand tools and equipment)
8) Correct usage/maintenance of PPE and RPE
• Current ARCA or UKATA supervisor training
• Asbestos Medical
• RPE Face fit certs
• Full driving licence
• CSCS card (advantageous)
• P402 (advantageous, but training may be given)
• Any other training will be given as necessary
Internal: Operations & Contracts Managers, other operatives and supervisors
External: Clients (domestic and commercial) and other contractors
- Salary dependent upon experience
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- £15 monthly contribution to mobile phone
The job profile/person specification above is not to be taken as an exhaustive list but indicates the main
requirements and responsibilities.
The above will be reviewed as required to take into account any changes and developments within the role.