Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of liquid or solid waste on land or in water. The waste is usually dumped to avoid disposal costs. Areas of land that are typically affected by fly-tipping include lay-bys, private land, derelict land and woodlands. This means that fly-tipped waste can affect public health, the environment, businesses and landowners alike.
The most common kinds of fly-tipping are domestic waste such as:
- Construction waste
- Tyres and mechanical waste
- Household waste such as sofas and mattresses
However, fly-tipped waste can be hazardous such as:
- Clinical waste such as pharmaceutical products and syringes
- Hazardous construction waste such as concrete additives and paints
- Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) such as fridges
It is this hazardous fly-tipped waste that the skilled and experienced RJS Waste Management UK team can help you with. We can assess, collect and dispose of your waste professionally, in line with hazardous waste regulations and at a competitive price.